Tuesday, May 10, 2011

That really makes the day shine!

Previously I hadn't shared our good news with my grandfather, the timing just hadn't been right.  He is now in the hospital, as I listened about his aches, pains and dilemma...  I debated if it was the right time.  He is not one to discuss emotions at length, so I wasn't sure, but decided to go for it. 

I told him that I had some good news.  When I told him that we have begun the process of adoption, he laughed and said, "Wow!  That really makes the day shine!"  It made me cry.  While I was crying he continued with how happy he was.  He wanted to know if Balboa had to go to brother training.  :)  He wanted details.  Then a nurse walked in the room and he had to go, but before hanging up he said, "I'm just out of this world good!" 

I could not have imagined that what I thought he needed to hear, I desperately needed to hear more. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment