Sunday, October 2, 2011

Nursery....

So I've had a special request from a sweet friend..... and only because she asked I have chosen to put a picture up.  You see, I promised myself I wouldn't set up the baby's room until much closer, like when we came home with the baby.  I figured it was my way of safe guarding my heart, in the event of birth mom changing her mind.  Needless to say, as we were prepping for the garage sale we decided to sell the beds, and well we couldn't have an empty bedroom.  Right? 

A lot of love went into putting this room together.  My sister helped (okay, designed) the room, Joe put together the shelving unit, my mom gave us the rocking chair, my dad helped (okay, totally completed) recover the seat cushion, my grandma and I went to Target more times than I care to mention to purchase all the baskets, my nephews made artwork specific for the baby's room, and I think it came together marvelously. 

Truthfully, I am thankful for this room.  When my heart is aching, I find myself going here and imaging life with our little one. 

Lots of love,
The Smith's

1 comment: